Happy 2015! Hope you’re having a good year so far, and are ready to create or continue to create your most enjoyable, easy and passionate relationship yet.
Today I’m on my soapbox about two very cool things:
- A powerful transformational tool for your relationship; and
- The powerful new format the Monday Quickie will be trialling that is engineered to help you ‘supercharge’ your relationship in a fun, entertaining and permanent way. Introducing: The Superhero Soap Opera (yes, you heard that right!)
So let’s get started.
First, the transformational tool for your relationship and life…
Note: I am in no way affiliated with this tool, I’m just a big fan because I’ve really experienced the benefits!
Over the last 37 days I’ve been using an application on my iPhone called CoachMe (previously known as ‘Lift’). CoachMe is a fantastic way of encouraging you to do activities until they become habits and as you no doubt know, creating habits is the shortcut to achieving almost anything in your life, including healthy and happy relationships.
“Successful people are simply those with successful habits.”
– Brian Tracy
As your Happy Couple Champion – I of course think it is a great relationship tool. You could use it to:
- make sure you satisfy your partner’s main love languages (video coming on that soon!);
- start a 30 day… intimacy challenge;
- start a date night habit ;
- keep a tidy, clean and feng shui environment at home with your partner;
- ensure you set time to sit down with you partner and discuss ways to improve your relationship
… or whatever you both decide would make your life with your partner that much more AMAZING.
And with the way it is set up, you will be compelled to complete the action. (I know, I was up at 11pm doing a sun salutation in my PJs so I could say I got my daily yoga in!)
Reason being, it ‘game-ifies’ these little actions until they are a habit (for those who’ve become addicted to a game, particularly one you don’t even like so much but have a score to beat, you’ll know how powerful this motivator can be! … I may or may not have had a fleeting addiction to The Sims.
Best of all, it’s absolutely free!
So if that sounds like something you’d be interested in to enhance your relationship or any other areas of your life, go here: https://www.coach.me
Second, Supercharge Your Relationship with a Superhero Soap Opera…
Note: I am in no way affiliated with DC Comics either, I’m just a big fan and am using their characters for educational purposes.
One of the best ways we learn and retain information is through the use of storytelling. In fact, many stories we were told from a very young age like “The Boy who cried Wolf” and “The Three Little Pigs” stay with us years after we were first traumatised by the senseless killing of fictional characters.
Our species thinks in metaphors and learns through stories. - Mary Catherine Bateso
We connect more to “your Uncle Jimmy died of lung cancer, we were devastated, it was caused by smoking” than “X% of people who smoke die of lung cancer… you should stop”.
Our brain is hardwired to understand and remember the information we relate to on an emotional level.
So… I’ve decided to create a short “soap opera” style series with well-known DC superheroes like Batman and Wonder Woman to explore and illustrate potentially destructive communication challenges between couples from different planets, with different values and with competing careers.
To do this I have partnered (pun intended) with my husband (Daniel Grant Newton), who’s vocation is telling stories through both the written word and visual art. Using his imagination and expert story telling skills and my mediation-for-happy-couple’s skills – we hope to bring you a very juicy and educational series over the coming weeks…
Starting with Episode 1: His Dark Secret
How does Bruce (Batman) explain his double life to fiancee Selina (Catwoman), and why he has kept it secret for so long.
Find out next week on The Monday Quickie.
Now, in the comments below, let me know:
- A scenario you’d like to see in our educational superhero soap opera; and
- How you plan to use the CoachMe app to enhance your relationship either directly: i.e remember to hug my partner good-bye; or indirectly: i.e establish a running habit… so I’m a superhero in bed.